Coding Week 5: Progress and Challenges - LibreHealth

 


Introduction:

Welcome back to my blog series on my experience as a participant in the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program with LibreHealth. In this fifth installment, I will share the progress I made during the week and discuss the challenges I encountered along the way.

Overview:

Throughout the coding week, I continued to work on my assigned project, which focuses on improving the user interface of LibreHealth's healthcare software. My primary goal was to enhance the user experience and ensure a more intuitive and efficient workflow for healthcare professionals.

Progress Made:

During this week, I focused on implementing several key features that would significantly enhance the software's usability. One of the major accomplishments was revamping the ListOfBabies screen and Notification widget feature. By redesigning the components I aimed to improve the efficiency and usability of the application for healthcare professionals

Additionally, I dedicated time to improving the overall responsiveness and accessibility of the user interface. I incorporated responsive design principles to ensure the software adapts seamlessly across different screen sizes and devices. This enhancement is vital as it allows healthcare professionals to access the software from various devices without compromising usability.

Another notable achievement was the working on OnCalldoctor Issue and new application bars since the previous ones for not consistent with current designs on Figma. This feature improves ui/ux and enhances interoperability with other healthcare systems.

Challenges Faced:

While making progress, I encountered a few challenges that required careful consideration and problem-solving. One of the significant hurdles was accommodating the diverse needs of healthcare professionals from different specialties. I had to strike a balance between providing a flexible user interface that caters to various workflows and the also the design is not off this required mentor support as colour coding was a bit off and some features need to be added in other parts of application as mentioned by mentor Dr Sherri Bucher and Professor Saptarshi Purkayastha without overwhelming the users with unnecessary complexity.

Future Plans:

Looking ahead, I plan to gather feedback from healthcare professionals , users and design team to further refine the user interface and address any usability concerns. Their input will be invaluable in making data-driven decisions to enhance the software's usability and user satisfaction.

I will also continue to collaborate with the LibreHealth community and my mentors to seek guidance and support. Regular discussions and code reviews will help ensure that my work aligns with the project's objectives and meets the quality standards set by LibreHealth.

Conclusion:

The fifth coding week was both challenging and rewarding. I successfully implemented several crucial features to improve the user experience and streamline workflows. Despite the obstacles encountered, I remain motivated and committed to making a positive impact with my contributions to the LibreHealth project. I look forward to the upcoming weeks and the opportunities they will bring to further enhance the healthcare software.

Stay tuned for the next blog post, where I will share more updates on my progress with LibreHealth GSoC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Report GSoC'23 : Project Enhancements To The ECEB Application

Coding Period Week 1 With LibreHealth For GSoC

Community Bonding Period GSoC Under LibreHealth Week 1