Community Bonding Period GSoC Under LibreHealth Week 1


Introduction:

Greetings everyone! As a GSoC participant with LibreHealth, I am excited to share my first blog which marks the start of this amazing journey. In this series of blogs, I will provide an overview of my activities and work throughout the program, the project I am working on, and the initial steps I've taken to contribute to the LibreHealth organization.


Project Overview:

My GSoC project with LibreHealth focuses on Enhancing their healthcare management system. The goal is to enhance enhance the current ECEB mobile application by improving its user experience based on critical feedback from users in different geographies, fixing bugs in the rule-based classification algorithm used for classifying different states of baby (normal, problem, danger), and resolving the syncing issues on the local storage and DHIS2 rule-engine. The project aims to make the app more user-friendly by implementing changes based on the results of the jigsaw study and design sessions and improving its accuracy and reliability to ensure its successful deployment for large-scale use.

Week 1 Highlights:

During the first week, my primary objective was to familiarize myself with the existing codebase and project requirements. Here are the key highlights of my progress:


Project Setup:

I started by setting up my development environment, ensuring that I had all the necessary tools and dependencies to work on the project. LibreHealth provided comprehensive documentation that guided me through the setup process, making it relatively straightforward.


Codebase Exploration:

To gain a deeper understanding of the existing project design and architecture, I dived into the codebase. By examining relevant modules, components, and APIs, I familiarized myself with the existing structure and gained insights into how the system could be integrated sure there are a lot of doubts regarding the existing application and codebase which I am looking forward to clear with my mentors in the upcoming week.


Collaboration with the Community:

LibreHealth has an incredibly supportive and knowledgeable community of developers. I actively participated in community forums, mailing lists, and chat channels to introduce myself, seek guidance, and discuss the project details with mentors, which is still going to be discussed in an in-depth meeting. The community's warm welcome and willingness to help have been great support till now.


Requirement Analysis:

I have dedicated my time to thoroughly understanding the project requirements and design specifications provided by LibreHealth. I hope to build a strong foundation for the upcoming development tasks by aligning myself with the goals and expectations.


Next Steps:

Having completed the initial setup and familiarization phase, I am now looking forward to having a discussion with the mentors and clearing my doubts regarding the system's working and codebase. In the upcoming weeks, I will focus on the following tasks:


Design and Architecture:

Based on the requirements, I will work closely with my mentors to finalize the architecture and design of the system. This will be based on my proposal to the organization and the design enhancements proposed and looking at how much they are feasible. 


Implementation:

Once the design phase is complete, I will begin coding the system, leveraging the existing codebase and adhering to the best practices of the LibreHealth project. Regular code reviews and discussions with my mentors will help refine my work and ensure it aligns with the organization's standards.

Conclusion:

The first week of my GSoC journey with LibreHealth has been going exciting and rewarding. I am grateful for the opportunity to contribute to such a meaningful open-source project. With the support of the vibrant LibreHealth community and my mentors, I am confident that I will make significant progress in the coming weeks. Stay tuned for more updates on my GSoC journey with LibreHealth!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Report GSoC'23 : Project Enhancements To The ECEB Application

Coding Period Week 1 With LibreHealth For GSoC